Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Secret dinners



NaBloPoMo, Day 18.

Do you have these? This is what I call the standby family dinners that I make regularly when it's just the three of us and would never, ever dream of serving to company. I made this one last night - it's my version of what my English friends call "egg and chips", which in my case is a frittata and a giant hash brown patty. I use the frittata to clean some leftovers out of the fridge, use the hash browns to entice my ketchup-loving family, add in a green or orange vegetable of some kind, and get a satisfying dinner on the table relatively quickly, no recipes or fuss required. Other options in this category include quesadillas, bread&cheese&salad (a Friday night standby in hot weather), and potato gatto (which is something like this, if you're not familiar, although mine never look that good). What are yours?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...